Bartlett police prepare for DUI crackdown | Crime
When it comes to drinking and driving, a crackdown is in process.
And next week, The Bartlett Police Department will be conducting roadside sobriety checkpoints within the city limits of Bartlett.
This initiative is sponsored by a grant from the Governor’s Highway Safety Office.
The police department stated impaired driving takes the lives of more than 16,000 people and injures over 300,000 every year in the United States.
That is why the officers will be evaluating drivers for signs of alcohol and/or drug impairment.
Officers saidt hey will target those who are operating a vehicle while impaired and take enforcement action where necessary while ensuring the protection of all motorists.
Top Bartlett Stories
Upcoming Events near Bartlett
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action
- Kids to make difference at humane society summer camp