Bartlett doctor admits to drug dealing | Crime
(WMC-TV) – A former doctor pleaded guilty Thursday to writing unnecessary prescriptions for dangerous drugs.
Michael Patterson, who used to practice medicine at the Bartlett Psychiatric Center, admitted to giving a patient a prescription for 90 oxycodone tablets. He also admitted forging a prescription for 60 hydrocodone.
In all, Patterson could face a $1.5 million fine and 25 years in a federal prison.
His sentencing is scheduled for August 17.
Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.
Top Bartlett Stories
Upcoming Events near Bartlett
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Farmer's Market is ripe for picking
- Advisory opinion: Cordova residents do not have legal authority to demand De-annexation referendum
- Neighborhood Watch Block Party being held in Lakeland Community
- Neighbors of Isaac Hayes' former mansion upset over lack of action
- Kids to make difference at humane society summer camp