Action News 5 received this press release from Shelby County Schools:
Registration for the 2010-11 School Year
is Tuesday, August 3 at All Schools
First Day of School is Monday, August 9, 2010
Registration day for students of Shelby County Schools will take place on Tuesday, August 3, 2010. Registration will be going on at all schools. Times will vary based on grade level. Students enrolled in special education programs are to register on the first day of classes, Monday, August 9, not Tuesday, August 3.
Complete details, including all registration times and a checklist of items needed, are listed below and posted on the Shelby County Schools Web site, www.scsk12.org.
Elementary & Middle School:
• Morning session: 7:30 a.m. – noon
• Evening session: 4 – 7 p.m.
• Grade 12: 2 p.m. | Grade 11: 3 p.m.
• Grade 10: 4 p.m. | Grade 9: 6 p.m.
New Students: 2 - 6:30 p.m.
? NO bus transportation for registration.
? High school students who do not register on August 3 will be removed from class rolls. Contact your child’s assigned school for additional questions.
Special Education Registration (SPED Pre-school, FS & AFS) is August 9.
• Do NOT Register on Tuesday, August 3.
• Parents should confirm enrollment with the special education secretary at their child’s school prior to the first day of school.